Successful Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship applicants will be required to enter an agreement with the Australian Antarctic Division (AAD) specifying that they will:
- undertake the work proposed in their application within the agreed timeframe
- acknowledge the Australian Government and the AAD in all promotional materials, publications and works as follows:
- “This project has been assisted by the Australian Government through the Australian Antarctic Division’s Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship.”
- if requested, provide the AAD with copies of all works or, in the case of multiple works, a catalogue or appropriate documentation of all works
- if requested, provide the AAD with electronic files of their biography and images of the work
- if requested, grant rights to the AAD to use the works to promote the Australian Antarctic Program, the Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship and for any non-commercial (educational or promotional) purpose, without special permission
- supply the AAD with reports on the progress of their project
- cooperate with the AAD in publicising both their experiences in Antarctica and the Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship.
The author/originator of any work resulting from an Arts Fellowship retains intellectual property rights over that work. Any involvement of the Australian Antarctic Division in subsequent commercial development of such work will be subject to a separate agreement.